Tuesday 22 October 2013

why Voice Acting

Some people may think that it is weird for me to do voice acting, some may think I have no experience with my voice and understanding vocal experimentation, or most commonly people say “yes your voice in naturally calm and soothing” but that not just all of what I can achieve. I really enjoy making weird noises with my voice, as well as deconstructing accents and understanding how they tick, but I don't express the noises and voices I can make out in public very often, I'm very shy. But I want to change this; I want to start to show that I actually have a great voice in singing and have many different characters with all my other voices. This is just very clearly and plainly, the why. I also have a deeper level of why in that this kind of acting is the kind I want to pursue later in life and want to increase and grow my repertoire and characters, so I may need to start taking notes and learning from other voice actors. This leads into why do this for the ippp, for me it is a case of this is how I’m going to improve my voice acting, and once I have made myself better I can help others to become better as well. So it is a matter of I’m going to help myself to help others, which for an IPP is actually a good thing, gives more incentive to record the process leading up to the workshop or performance. Which actually makes me wonder, workshop or performance, I want to share my knowledge and help, but I think I may want to create a performance or vocal snippet in addition to the workshop, not for IB but for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment